is four miles west of Sierra
Vista, Arizona, on AZ 90.
Founded in 1877, this cavalry outpost played a prominent role
in subduing the last significant Indian group ranging free of reservation
restraints: The Chiracahua Apache led by Geronimo. Fort Huachuca also served as
headquarters for the Army's four all-Black regiments. The fort survives today as
an active military installation.